Rememorer
Anything For Grades
Saturday, October 22, 2011 • 5:00 PM • 0 comments

If you were on a borderline and you know that you will surely fail this time, would you do anything for grades? I mean all of us don't really want to fail. We don't want our parents or even others to know that after working our ass off the whole semester, we just screwed up. For me, that would be a nightmare. It can kill me, almost.

This issue has been firing up my mind these past few days. And of course with all the hint, you can guess that there's something fishy going on and I don't wanna talk about it here. Because (1) I am not directly involved (2) Some might get hurt (3) I don't wanna caps lock to death some think faced creature (4) It is simply uncivilized :). So let's just leave it hanging for I just wanna share some thoughts about it.

Your grades don't matter, it wont define you after all- this is one of the sweetest lie I've ever heard in my entire studying life. And yes, it wont really matter if you believe in it. But no matter how I eat these phrases, it wont be true. Grades create division, reveal someone's flaws and create negative criticisms. It wont matter to those who are smart but it will bother those who are not.

Like other students, I also experienced being a pathetic kid that will do anything for grades. I passed unnecessary projects, paid books in advanced to get some bonus points, checked some test papers, bought tickets and anything that they sell, cheated in some acceptable ways in my eyes and anything that can save me from hell and fail marks. It's not easy. Cause at the end of the day, you still want to erase those sins, clear your conscience and do your very best. But my very best is not enough to attain the grades that I badly want.

When you get a bad grade, you will end up getting a bad job and eventually fail your life; that's what they say. But I don't know if I am going to believe it. School doesn't teach us what we need to know. With all those formulas, bookish meanings and complicated sentences, would you really believe that you can remember them all in the future? Anything for grades, yes set that as a priority but don't live for it. You might end up not getting what you really want. You don't have to be a genius to survive life.

What I just don't understand is when someone denies that he actually cheated. Yes it's bad. People will judge you. But you should know that its a consequence of whatever you're doing. And it just something that I badly want to emphasize. If you can do anything for grades then don't you ever come clean in front of the people. It already a sin to cheat, add some up and you will start to burn. And the worst, you ended up dragging people who actually helped you. Wow, what a scene! Such a hypocrite, stupid and pathetic person you are. How desperate of you, fool.




Gladys/22 years old/Philippines

Im beyond your peripheral vision and aiming for art school.Im a provinciana girl at heart. I do think too much and contradicts myself most of the time.The internet doesn't speak for itself. There's more than meets the eye.